We have a long list of open officer positions. Becoming an officer will be a great opportunity to show leadership, meet new people, and get a better taste of the awesomeness that is THE CUBE. Please take the time to look over the available positions below. To apply, simply email a résumé and the position(s) you are interested in to Alden Salgado, Vice President, Volunteering Services at [email protected] with the subject line "Cube Application -
- Director of Publication
- Be the man (or woman) with the plan in shaping the image of CSSS. You will be in charge of making sure that all published CSSS-related posters and articles correlate to the message we want to convey: CPSC students are awesome!
- Publication Officer (2+ positions)
- Be the contributors of posters and articles that promote the Cube and its members (CPSC students!). All you graphic artists and writers should definitely consider applying for this position. It will be a great opportunity for you to show everyone your talents!
- Year Representatives
- (1st Year, 2nd Year, 3rd Year, 4th Year, BCS, and Graduating Rep)
Take this chance to become the voice for CPSC students in your year. In addition, you will be able to cultivate your communication skills as promoters of CSSS events. These positions are very flexible and are a great starting point for newcomers.
- Social Coordinator (2+ positions)
- Come out and share your fun and cool ideas for social events with us. As a Social Coordinator (or SoCo for short), you will be able to coordinate and organize various events that CPSC students can enjoy. Events include Laser Tag, Paintball, LAN Parties, Beer Gardens, Year-End Boat Cruise and many more!
- Sports Representative
- Get CPSC students active by organizing various athletic activities! Events can include Beach Day, sports tournaments (i.e. badminton), STORM THE WALL, bike marathons and many more!
- Tutoring Coordinator
- Be the one to take charge in reviving the tutoring program CS once had. The Tutor-Coordinator is in charge of hiring tutors and matching them with students interested in being tutored. They will be responsible for any communications required among tutors, students, and faculty. Position may involve setting up tutoring training sessions.
- Volunteering Coordinator (2+ positions)
- Have fun in organizing, coordinating, and promoting events related to raising money for charity and helping the community. Events could include the annual "Byte to Eat" Food Drive, Homeless Action Week, 30 Hour Famine and many more. Of course, with all these awesome events, your position will require recruiting lots of volunteers.
- Supply Manager
- Make sure the Cube Store stocked up and ready for CPSC students to purchase and enjoy. CPSC students will love you for keeping a store with wonderfully cheap prices running.
Take a chance and become an officer with us. It will definitely be the experience of a lifetime. If you have any questions/concerns, please email us at [email protected].
Stay cool in school,
Your CSSS Executive Team 2009–10