The Computer Science Student Society will be looking to hold a general election
for the position of VP Academic.
The VP Academic shall:
Liaise between the department and student body on issues regarding academic
matters requiring student input
Manage academic resources provided by the club, including the exam database
and tutoring services
Direct academic-focused events undertaken by the Club
The election process will be divided into two phases, nomination phase and voting phase.
In the nomination phase (Sept 3 - Sept 12 11:59 PM), interested candidates will need to receive at least
10 nominations from CS students to be eligible to move on to the voting phase.
Nomination forms can be picked up at the cube (ICICS 021), and must be returned before Sept 12 11:59 PM.
If the cube is locked, please slip your forms under the door.
In the voting phase (Sept 13 - Sept 18 11:59 PM), eligible candidates will be voted in through an online election system,
the candidate with the most votes at the end of this period will be elected to the position.
Everyone is encouraged to participate in the voting and nomination process!
A couple of administrative updates:
Checkout your 2019-2020 executives
The motion to establish a new executive position - VP Academic -
has passed at the last semi-annual general meeting. Please see the
newly amended constitution.
An election will be called for the new VP Academic position in September,
stay tuned for more information on how to run for this position.
VP Academic is expected to:
- Liaise between the department and student body on issues regarding academic matters requiring student input
- Manage academic resources provided by the club, including the exam database and tutoring services
- Direct academic-focused events undertaken by the Club
Have ideas for new CSSS services? Wanna be more involved with the CSSS and meet new people? Come join our team!
We’re looking for new volunteers to help run the Cube this summer! We’ll be highlighting different officer positions over the upcoming days
💼 Apply here
The CSSS is running elections for the 2019-2020 executive team! Vote from
March 18th to 22nd for your new CS overlords. Winners will be announced at
our Semi-Annual General Meeting!
Vote now at ubccsss.org/vote
View positions and their descriptions in By-Law 8 of
The CSSS is running elections for the 2019-2020 executive team! Want to contribute to the community, or become an overlord over CS students? Get a nomination form!
Candidates will need to fill out nomination forms before March 15th. Forms can be picked up at The Cube (ICICS 021).
Campaigning is optional, but encouraged. Voting will occur on March 18th and 22nd.
View positions and their descriptions in By-Law 8 of our constitution.
The President shall:
- Chair all Executive meetings.
- Prepare the agenda for each Executive meeting.
- Supervise and direct the duties of the Executives.
- Ensure that the position of Vice President, Finance is filled.
- Liaise between the Department and the Club.
- Ensure all duties of Executives are fulfilled.
- Perform other duties as required.
- Be responsible for the overall Club.
- Act as chief spokesperson on behalf of the Club.
The Vice President, Volunteering shall:
- Recruit undergraduate representatives to serve on Department committees.
- Organize the recruitment of undergraduate students in the Department into other volunteer positions.
The Vice President, Internal shall:
- Assist the President in carrying out his duties with respect to the day-to-day operations of the Club.
- Assist the President in personnel issues related to the Club.
- Manage, or appoint officer(s) to manage, the Club’s room(s) and inventories of merchandise and consumables.
- Organize, or appoint an officer to organize, supply runs to restock Club inventories.
- Chair executive meetings in the absence of the president.
The Vice President, External shall:
- Liaise with companies and other entities outside the University via the relevant member of the Department.
- Plan, supervise, and recruit assistance in executing the annual Career Fair.
- Organize the acquisition of sponsored materials from companies for use as prizes and handouts to Members.
The Vice President, Social shall:
- Be responsible for the planning, cost estimation, and execution of social and sporting events undertaken by the Club.
The Vice President, Communications shall:
- Produce all advertising pertaining to Club business in all electronic and print media.
- Communicate Club activities to the Members.
The Vice President, Finance shall:
- Be responsible for the finances of the Club.
- Prepare and submit all budgets required by the AMS and SUS.
- Sign all requisitions of approved expenditures.
- Obtain proposed expenditure estimates.
- Be responsible for the purchase and sale of any of the Club’s merchandise.
- Assist other officers in their interactions with the Alma Mater Society or any of its Commissions, if needed.
The Vice President, Administration shall:
- Take minutes at all General and Executive meetings; these minutes shall be published.
- Organize meetings, when needed.
- Direct communications between Executives, as required.