CSSS Meeting Minutes Monday, October 15, 2007, 5PM, DMP101
Next year’s membership structure/fees:
For non-CS students becoming member of CSSS: $5 membership fee
Benefit for becoming CS members:
- Get discount on food/drink
- Free locker in CS building—Need talk to Space committee
- Get exam package
- Get discount on BBQ and LAN party, for example, the second burger is free
BBQ this week? Thur or Fri.
- Need to decide a Number system: 2 different colors needed to distinguish the buyer and the seller
- Advertising: big poster; send email in advance
- Sell chocolate bars: eg. Kitkat Victor will buy the chocolate on Wed night.
- Sell cookies
Party planning Slashdot 10th anniversary party***(very urgent)
- Eugene and Andrew will be in charge
- Target: geeks
- Location: Reboot café
- Time: Fri, Oct 26, 5pm
- Sell: snack, drink
- Late night BBQ
- Advertisement: poster; emails sent out in advance
Nov. beer garden***
- The liquor license: Jeremiah
- Training: Selena
Date: Nov 30 (the last day of school), 6pm–??? Location: Reboot Café 17 days in advance Notice Reboot 3 weeks Notice AMS BBQ (“licensed” BBQ) Dept involved Security ($150) Volunteer for setting up and cleaning up
Career fair update Arash has got everything done
Location: SUB Ballroom Date: Jan 31, 2008
CS clothing Need new design: design competition may be put in concern
Advertising our club’s events in the SUB? Submit our events to AMS and have our events on their calendar?
Location: SUB/Engineering/LADHA (Not forestry)
Post-discussion: LAN party, Halo 3 party, Tri-mentoring kickoff event LAN party: 12 people; hard to set up; need more people to participate Halo3 party: 40-50 people showed up, 24 people played
- Hardware was provided; no one need bring their own
- Advertisement targeted 3 groups: CS students; UBC video game competitor associate; UBC video game development associate
- CSSS has too many events going on, but we don’t have good plan, organizing, and advertising.
- We should focus on Slashdot party and Beer garden: Plan thing ahead (3 weeks); Lots of advertisement needed in advance: emails, poster, etc.
- Grad photos